
Sammy is sick again. Last night he was unable to stand up and his back legs were not moving. We took him to the vet today and was told he may have a spinal cord injury from jumping off the bed and couch. We are giving him steroids and pain medication and will have to keep him in a crate for at least one month. He will also have to sleep on the floor, no more sleeping in the bed with us.
Sammy is 13 years old. I adopted him 2 1/2 years ago from the humane society in Victorville, CA. He is a great dog. Eventhough his occasional barking has caused some problems with landlords, its always nice to hear when we get home.
When James and I started dating, James didn't care for Sammy too much, but soon he too was spoiling Sammy. The two of them get along great and when Sammy got sick with seizures and paralysis last March, James took him to the Vet and helped nurse him back to health. James has also spoiled him more than I have. Sammy no longer eats his dry food out of his bowl because James hand feeds him while surfing the internet, watching tv, or just hanging out.
I know Sammy won't be along for much longer, and I am greatful for everyday I have with him.

aw Tina, I'm sorry! I hope your cute poochie is better soon. I'll definitely add him to my prayers. such a cute pup!!!
ReplyDelete